Diabetes And The Holidays
Holiday gatherings and parties pose a special challenge for people with diabetes, but with proper planning, you can keep your blood glucose (sugar) within the normal range while having a good time.
The following tips can help you manage your diabetes:
- Eat a low calorie, healthy snack before leaving home. That way, you won’t be as hungry when you get to the party and you won’t overeat.
- Have a plan for what, when, and how much you will eat. Check out the foods being offered at the party, and choose those that fit in with your meal plan.
- Bring your favorite healthy dish to the party.
- Eat slowly, and enjoy every bite. By eating slowly, you reduce your chances of eating too much.
- Drink water, the healthy, no-calorie snack.